Pages

Monday, July 28, 2014

Week 30 - Ludo

A hub for tabletop games - that was the Dream.

In many ways, it still is - but someone beat us to it (and bless them for that).

The brothers (and brother's other half) went to Tomas Morato last weekend to spend some time in Ludo Boardgame Bar and Cafe. My brother has been raving about the place for over three weeks now, so I was eager to know what was special about it.

I guess our collective curiosities have been piqued - we ended up spending over six hours playing a whole bunch of games from a selection that literally spanned the walls of the place. This is no ordinary hobby shop. I've never seen so many gamers gather in one place before (other than M:TG tourneys, and heaven knows how hostile the atmosphere tends to be during those events), so that was new.

I must say that the place gets packed as time goes by, so reserving a table would be a good idea.

I'm guessing that Ludo is the best way to sample games before deciding to buy them. In a country like the Philippines, gaming is still an incredibly expensive hobby, be it physical or digital. I'd have to commend the owners for the concept behind a place like Ludo, and I do hope they stay around for a long time.

Or at least until we get to set up their competition.

Later!

No comments:

Post a Comment