Pages

Monday, October 20, 2014

Week 42 - Sign Up

I haven't had the time to get out much lately (apart from some comfort food runs whenever the craving struck) and I've used the time to plan out for next month's NaNoWriMo.

Being the indecisive person that I am, I've shelved the science fiction draft I had for next year and decided to go for superhero fiction instead.

It's a new set of challenges for me - writing about stories that only appear on thirty page monthly serials appears to be more challenging than it sounds, and I'm using the opportunity to study on how I'd manage to come up with a cohesive story without losing elements of world-building (that I love to do) and having characters that the reader would care about (where I'm absolutely terrible at).

So yeah, I'll probably be cooped up (due to work-related stuff) for the next three weeks (unless things turn out for the better). It's probably best to squeeze as much as I can from the idea sponge and hit that purple ribbon sooner rather than later.

In the meantime, I'm looking forward to our Boracay trip next month. I wonder how much it has changed.

Later!

No comments:

Post a Comment