Pages

Monday, September 29, 2014

Week 39 - Serpent's Sparker

Preparations for NaNoWriMo are underway. Yes, I'm going for a second run - which is crazy in itself - and I'm going for science fiction this time. A synopsis has been written out, as well as a bunch of plot points. I just have to figure out the fluff and the flow of everything else. I might as well start bringing notebooks around again.

Meanwhile, we've watched Rurouni Kenshin: The Legend Ends last weekend. One of the best live action trilogies I've ever seen - and out of Asia to boot. The only gripe I have is that the blind turtle guy didn't put too much of a fight against Saito. Everything else was pure nostalgia - Aoshi's showdown with Kenshin, Anji's fight with Sanosuke, Sojiro's battle with Kenshin.

It doesn't compare to the final battle, with Sano, Aoshi, Saito and Kenshin. It was glorious - from the protagonists getting beat up one by one to them trying (and succeeding) to prolong Shishio's fight time to Yumi sacrificing herself to give Shishio the upper hand.

Kids these days won't probably get why the trilogy is close to the hearts of 90's kids. That's for sure.

Lastly, I got myself a second controller for the PS4. D3 multiplayer is a joy to behold. Hopefully our cumulative progress would allow us to crush the Greater Rifts once version 2.1 comes out soonish for the consoles. Considering the fact that holiday releases are just looming around the corner (from which I'll be abstaining from next month anyway), it should see a good bit of use.

Later!

No comments:

Post a Comment