Pages

Sunday, May 04, 2014

Week 18 - Operation Bigger Stormstout

Also, the brother got this baby signed.
"All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others."
- George Orwell, Animal Farm

There's a little saying in mixed martial arts competition that goes like this:

Never leave anything in the hands of the judges.

A lot of the time, though, things are decided as such.

Perhaps I deprecate myself, but like many others of this generation I at times tend to seek too much, too quickly. We've been bred in a time when plenty is but a fevered dream and instead are taught that everything, most things in fact, could be defined in quantities - resources, opportunities and most importantly, time.

And it is when I am reminded that I don't have a whole lot of the latter that things feel terrible when they don't go as expected. There's always next year, they say - but sometimes it just feels like each next year has always been a step back to square one.

Or maybe I just think too much and think too far ahead in the improbable future to see that there's still a long list of things to work with in the present.

In which case, the present it shall be. And at the present, I really need an honest-to-God vacation.

We've managed to catch the second Andrew Garfield Spider-Man movie (whose first outing was something I've only watched last night). This iteration of the webslinger is arguably much more lighthearted than its predecessor, save perhaps what happens to one of the characters (which isn't so much a spoiler, especially since it's been a part of comic book history for over forty years. In any case, I truly hope they use my favorite Spider-Man villain, Mysterio, in a gritty reimagining. Given the makeovers that they've given to Spidey's rogues' gallery, a Scarecrow-esque Mysterio sounds pretty sweet. To tie in with my Marvel binge, I'm also working through the two Ultimate Alliance games - something that I wasn't able to do during their release back in college.

That's just about it, really. I'd really like to write a lot more because these weekly snippets give me a very rough idea of where things are at the moment. And at the moment it feels like I'm in the middle of an ever-changing storm of things like that Griffin fellow from Men in Black 3.

As always, there are always things to look forward to. Corregidor, Tagaytay, Puerto Galera, Boracay. During the off-season because people suck. And maybe NaNoWriMo 2014, just because I like seeing things I write officially bound. Soon, very soon. Okay, soon-ish.

Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment