Pages

Thursday, November 21, 2013

Snapshot

"As you tread along the pathway of life, walk... Look around you and enjoy the sights, the sounds, the smell of the breeze and all those other Hallmark card thingies... Skip a bit, if there are puddles along the way. Run sometimes. But only for brief periods, if and when you have to catch a better view of a sunset or a fading rainbow. Trot, if you find yourself joyful. Dance, if you hear music."
- Jasper Golangco, Letters to Marge & Maddie


A long time ago, there was a period during my younger, less wise days when I could have honestly told anyone (without batting an eyelid) that I thought that time and the world just pass me by. I see people live in their own worlds and I saw myself living in one that I called my own. I guess those are times when I learned sad yet valuable lesson - that happiness and sadness and contentment and all those wispy emotions are independent of each other and could both exist and not exist at the same time.

It's one of those times when one can do nothing but watch as the world moves along, and wait - although oftentimes we don't really know what we wait for and everything seems to fleet away in the blink of an eye.

And then there are times when it seems that time stops for just a wee bit and you see things in perfect clarity.

I guess it's then that I feel that waiting doesn't seem so bad after all, and that some things just happen at the right place, at the right time. It is then that moments of certainty reveal themselves - moments when things seem to fall into place and we feel that the world conspired to bring that memory to fruition.

And it's those glimpses of perfection that make us realize that we weren't waiting after all.

We were just living a journey towards a moment that we would be happy to call our own.

No comments:

Post a Comment