Pages

Friday, January 25, 2013

Week 4 - War on Ague

This past week was a gauntlet - I've been trying to fight off colds (or maybe flu) for the past four days. Between the silly amount of water I've been drinking, possibly unhealthy doses of vitamin C, Gatorade and DYI Gatorade (which is something I'll write about in a few days), I've been pretty much on zombie mode all week. Needless to say, I tend to delegate most functions to autopilot when this happens which kind of sucks since I usually thrive on cold, gloomy weather.

In other news, Google announced that it's opening an office in Manila. I would be a liar if I said this didn't get me thinking, but I guess I'll sleep on the thought for a while. Whether it's rationalization or a desperate need of a reality check (because this bit of news is certainly a head-turner) or some other esoteric reason that prevented me from immediately jumping up and down at the opportunity is something I'm still trying to figure out.

Speaking of figuring things out, it seems that I was on the receiving end of a cosmic slap-in-the-face recently. What are the odds of receiving news (in the form of an official letter of sorts - letterhead and all) about something that one has ranted to a friend about the night before, especially if said news has been known months prior? It makes me wonder how much of chance is really ruled by chance - and not by some invisible hand like those seen in Donnie Darko. Ah well, here I go again with my senseless references to pop culture whatnot.

Lastly, scratched off an item from the tertiaries this week - finally ate uni (which is basically raw sea urchin). It's been on my list since grade school after reading this story from Literature class. Anyway, it tasted something like really rich and buttery crab roe, and had the consistency of, well, I don't know exactly - maybe gelatin mixed with pure cream of mushroom would be my best estimate. Curiosity sated!

No comments:

Post a Comment