Pages

Friday, November 02, 2012

Week 44 - El Dia De Los Muertos...

...Borrachos? Not really.

I honestly can't remember the last time I got to do the stuff people do for this particular holiday - or any holiday for that matter for the past three years (with the exception of the Yuletide ones). I guess that's a downside of this career path. I digress, though.

Anyway, this year was a bit different. It felt more like a celebration of life instead of commemorating those who have left us, and of the precious time we have left with relatives. Perhaps it's our way of dealing with that looming shadow called mortality. It's something that everyone eventually has to face somewhere down the road and more importantly, come to terms with (which, quite frankly, is easier said than done).

In other news, I've burned through Medal of Honor: Warfighter this past week. No reviews for that one, as it's a run-of-the-mill shooter. There's a couple of interesting things though. First, the missions are heavily based on famous operations in real life, such as the retaking of Maersk Alabama from Somali pirates. Another thing of note is that there are a bunch of missions located in the Philippines, and the local forces have been ridiculously portrayed in a similar manner to those who worked on that disastrous Mendoza hostage-taking crisis. It doesn't help that the way they showed how Filipinos spoke English was horribly misrepresented. However, it's funny to hear actual Tagalog phrases - and a lot are out of context.

I'm currently working through Assassin's Creed 3, which should last a good while. There are a lot of changes that Ubisoft implemented, and hopefully I'd still remember what they are when I post the review in a week or two. I have a feeling that this will be a very lengthy one, and the fact that I constantly get spade-diamond when taking the Bartle test certainly doesn't help.

Later!

No comments:

Post a Comment