Pages

Friday, September 07, 2012

Week Thirty-six - Processing Errors

So I think I'll be doing some quick anecdotes every Friday from now on, unless something extra awesome comes up. I guess I'm getting lazy.

First off, Definitely Filipino is publishing a very recent post. It should be up by the time this is published. I noticed that the admins added the tags 'love and relationships' and 'advice' to my article. The funny thing is that I didn't have this in mind when I wrote the draft, especially since I don't think I'm particularly qualified to write about those topics at this point in time. I was literally cleaning up some stuff when I thought of this particular post, but I guess they derived a different meaning when they read it. Admittedly, the post was pretty ambiguous (which may have been on purpose anyway), so I don't blame them.

I also had a second interview this week. I am probably over-analyzing things, but I just realized that my conversational English has a tendency to sound like Mordin Solus, which is obviously a horrible thing when you're applying for a job. No wonder my answers sounded like an incoherent mess to me. I'm fairly sure that this would hurt my chances of landing the job, but que sera, sera. At the very least, that's something I'd have to work on.

I also received word that my patchwork mask has arrived. Unfortunately, it has been delivered to a different pick-up point, so I'll have to explore a bit more of Makati's underbelly on Saturday. I'm not looking forward to that.

Lastly, I observed something of note while riding the MRT yesterday. There was this German lady (don't ask) who was visibly upset while we were boarding the train. There was this bunch of people who were blocking the entrance to the (still pretty spacious) train, because they were waiting for the next one so they could be seated. While this is a common practice, I can't blame her if she was annoyed, especially since the crowd refused to give way to those who were running late and wanted to board the current train. I guess our country has a long way to go in terms of common courtesy.

That's about it for this week's notes. I hope this weekend delivers something nice for a change.

No comments:

Post a Comment