Pages

Friday, September 21, 2012

Week 38 - Catching Up

So if someone were to ask me how work was this week, I'd tell them to play Army of Two: The 40th Day. I'd tell them to play through the first chapter and shoot the contact, JB. What Salem says afterwards would pretty much sum things up.

I've also been feeling pretty messed up lately due to lack of sleep. Since I was supposed to work during mornings this week, I've already successfully adjusted to semi-polyphasic sleep last week, but I must have gotten way too tired last Sunday and got everything reset again. I need to not be sick before the weekend though, because I can't afford to bail out on some folks for the umpteenth time. I guess it's vitamins-and-rest-supercharge-time. Figures.

Speaking of weekends, I dropped by the 33rd Manila International Book Fair last Sunday. I've managed to finally finish the two books left in my pile for the past few months. I usually burn through books at a frenetic pace, but I just don't seem to have the opportunity to just sit back and read these days. In any case, I picked up three books and a couple of graphic novels from the fair, which I hope to finish before the end of October - also known as the fourth quarter video game rush. I'm only really looking forward to a couple more games this year anyway, so I don't think it would be a contest between books and games.

I've also started listening to Advice Hot Dog this week. It's a podcast from some of the people behind the Kingdom of Loathing, where they give humorous advice to listeners in mostly the same flavor as KoL. Good stuff, I'd say.

Oh, and one last thing - I'm hoping to get a bunch of Heroscape terrain in the next few months, hopefully at least a thousand hexes worth before Christmas. I've been trying to raid Greenhills unsuccessfully for over a year now, so I might finally turn to the Bay. More junk for the packrat.

No comments:

Post a Comment