Pages

Friday, June 15, 2012

Nil

"Nothing in the affairs of men is worthy of great anxiety."
- Plato

So apparently, there's no Thursday lesson for this week. That's unusual, although I guess sometimes the muse just can't come for a visit.

It got me thinking though. Why is it that we always only expect two outcomes out of our endeavors: success and failure?

There are times when I've had to deal with 'nothing' as an answer to some questions. Nil. Nada. None. 'Nothing', at least for me, is a tougher situation to handle than outright failure.

Most of the time, it's open to interpretation, and God knows I'm particularly horrible at that. Sometimes, the message is 'wait', either because things have not yet fully run their course, or because there are better things waiting down the line. Sometimes, 'nothing' already signals failure, and I'm just too dense to realize it.

The most difficult thing to deal with is probably when there is an answer already, and it's just that the people responsible in relaying the message didn't deem it important enough to be relayed. I guess I have issues in dealing with anxiety. Or maybe I value my time too much.

What the heck. Sometimes, things just fall flat, much like this post. I'm going to post it anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment