Pages

Friday, May 11, 2012

Rolling Like Shiren

So forgive me in advance if this post would turn out to be a tad bit nonsensical. Not that I make sense most of the time.

Anyway, I had an unusual day off yesterday. I've never really had a day off in the middle of the week before, so I decided to just head out - no plans. Just sort of get lost somewhere, and uncover more of that 'fog of war' many people have. I've been meaning to do that for the longest time now, and it's something I can't do on weekends, since folks at home have a tendency to tag along. It's not that I mind, but there are some things one must do alone. Also, I tend to walk around a lot, and most of the time, those tagging along tend to whine about being tired or wanting to head back, which takes away the fun of being lost.

Or maybe it's just that I'm socially retarded, whatever.

One thing to note is that places are really different during weekdays. There tend to be less people in one's usual haunts, so places which are crowded during weekends look really different (and more peaceful). I've managed to find a couple of new places to eat at as well as some used book shops (and a pile of books I've wanted to buy for a while now), so I'll probably be back once I've sorted some things out.

I'm not sure if there's anything new I've learned from yesterday. I'm guessing getting lost is probably a learning experience in itself. And I really need that lesson, as everything will probably be uncharted territory for the foreseeable future, metaphorically and literally speaking.

I did say I won't be making sense today, yes?

No comments:

Post a Comment