Pages

Wednesday, April 02, 2014

Week 13 - Mithril Linings

"A devel­oped coun­try is not a place where the poor have cars. It’s where the rich use pub­lic trans­port."
– Enrique Penalosa

It's another terribly late post - I'll try not to make a habit out of it.

Anyhow, it's been an exhausting week going to work thanks to the MRT messing up their operations from Monday up until Thursday last week. It's quite unbelievable that a significant piece of Manila's public transport system cannot get their shit together after almost fifteen years of operations. I cannot stress how terrible it is to bake inside the equivalent of a human oven under the disturbingly humid Manila summer during the middle of the day - something I'd never want to experience again (but inevitably will). It's sad that the prevalent mindset for improvement in this country is minimal at best - and focuses on reactive improvement as opposed to proactive work. I'm really holding out for the old guard to be replaced by the next generation - people who really care for what they do instead of just looking to line their greedy pockets with gold while they maintain a bottleneck for the rest of us.

In better news, I finally have it! They were only a year and a half late, but I guess Evertide pulled through by constantly providing their backers with updates on the ups and downs of developing their flagship product. I have yet to open the cards (as I want to get card sleeves to protect them) but it's nice to see my name in the game's credits as a supporter of Loathing.

We also got to visit Gino's Makati branch last Sunday. I've always wanted to try it there ever since I've heard the praise for their food from Mo Twister's morning show (which is something I don't take lightly). I have no picture (because we were hungry), but we were impressed not only by their pizza but also their burrata. While I still prefer the Maginhawa-based Friuli Trattoria's pizza, Gino's isn't too far behind.

Also, we got to see Winter Soldier as well. I should say it's much better than the previous film and I prefer it over the flashiness of Iron Man's movies and the brawn of Thor's. I guess having supporting characters, such as Black Widow and Falcon, gave so much more dimension to the Captain. I can't wait to see how they'll mix in the mid-credits characters into the Age of Ultron, given that they'd also exist in another upcoming Marvel flick - Days of Future Past.

Lastly, grabbing the package from my usual drop-off point gave me the chance to visit Megamall's art exhibits again. I've taken a few pictures, most of which are available after the break.

Enjoy!



Toys
Eight in Red
Punctured
Nuclear 1
The Last Venison
Conquest of A Tenebrous Heart
Kadayawan
Diosa ng Kalikasan
Eyes on Me
Hologhost
Extinction
Pray
Fruits on Thy Labor
Rouge at Dawn
Left
Three Moves
All I Need Is Love
Unnamed Piece
Ang Huling Bantay
Dream Dance
Last Song Syndrome
Nuclear 2
Golgotha

No comments:

Post a Comment