Pages

Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Chapter 28

Mango Bravo for breakfast, spaghetti for lunch, a proper steak for dinner and some ice cream cake to top it all off.

For some reason, I felt that I owed it to myself to have my birthday pass as discreetly as possible this year. For the longest time, I've thought that the "helpful" birthday reminders in our social media feeds remove a lot of human sentiment from the greetings, making them feel cheap and artificial. Removing that from my profile was a breath of fresh (digital) air. Not that the greetings aren't well received, but I personally appreciate it more when people remember the old fashioned way.

Life's been a good run so far, and I have a few stories in mind that I'm just itching to write about. I'll find time - sure - because stories about people's lives are few and far in between, and even rarer are the ones that make one feel alive and hopeful about the world. I'll talk about whale sharks and giant turtles and massive schools of fish that seem like silver whirlwinds under the sea, about newfound hobbies which would put my storytelling to the test, and about random getaways that gave me some much needed second wind to fight life's battles another day.

So yeah, another year added to my life's book and hopefully a little more wisdom added to my belt. Life is still a little too challenging these days but for the first time in a while, I slept last night with a rare sense of contentment and inner peace (hah!).

That's something I'll always be thankful for.

Yes, I'm still around, although not in these parts for the past few months. With some luck, I'll be back real soon.

Later!

No comments:

Post a Comment