Pages

Monday, July 07, 2014

Week 27 - Study, Prep, Hunt

It was Thursday night. Amidst heavy rain, I was stranded in a tea shop wondering how I ever get myself in such situations. I wished I could get out of work earlier. I wished for the weekend to come sooner, and now that it's gone by, I wish it would have gone by a little slower.

But they say our perception of time hastens as we grow older. It's a terrifying thought, which often makes me wonder if I'm spending my time well (which, by the way, is subjective).

Speaking of which, I've been spending most nights lately playing Monster Hunter for the 3DS - logging in around thirty-plus hours so far. I never understood its appeal when I saw my classmates play its earlier incarnations during my college days, but I do now. Monster Hunter is an antithesis of a lot of the more popular titles these days. It's less frantic than something like God of War, but a heck of a lot more complicated at the same time. I must say that the well-paced cycle of (real life) research, preparation and hunting is almost a calming experience.

Meanwhile, we managed to catch 22 Jump Street last weekend. It's not an overly complicated movie (obviously), but it's nice that the movie is self-aware and pokes fun at itself.

We don't really get a lot of that these days.

Later!

No comments:

Post a Comment