Pages

Friday, April 12, 2013

Week 15 - Operation Stormstout

Hilya i' kalina.
Hello Manila.

Three weeks in Bacolod and the first thing I did upon getting back was to go on an eating binge. Why? Because dammit, that's why.

Something slipped my mind recently - Summer Komikon 2013 is happening tomorrow. I probably should note these things down. In any case, I'm slated to go somewhere else, so whatever.

In other news, my copy of Cards Against Humanity has finally arrived. The brothers and I played a couple of rounds recently, and I could say that it's one of the funnier card games out there. That is, if one isn't easily offended - since the game requires its players to be as offensive as possible to win.

Speaking of games, I'm currently running through Bioshock Infinite, which I'll hopefully finish by next week. I wasn't as engrossed by Columbia's theme (American exceptionalism) compared to Rapture's (objectivism). I'm guessing that it's probably because I'm not American or something. In any case, I should have a quick review out in a couple of weeks - before I dive into Army of Two: The Devil's Cartel and that gritty Tomb Raider reboot.

I also managed to snag a couple of hardbounds this week. One's written by Michael Crichton and the other by Arthur C. Clarke - and both happen to be authors whose works I always find interesting (outside of Lovecraft's circle). It's funny that I got both for less than the price of a paperback copy of just one of the books, thus reinforcing my theory that whoever stacks bookstore shelves must be smoking some pretty heavy stuff.

That's about it for this week, methinks. Later!

No comments:

Post a Comment