Pages

Friday, January 11, 2013

Week 2 - Souver'inan Isala Hamin

So I don't know if it's just the universe trying to be a poetic douche, but this past week marks the first working Monday of 2013 and well, it was pretty horrible for the most part.

Life goes on though, as people tend to say. Dusting off the dirt (mostly metaphorically speaking) after falling is pretty much considered a skill these days - especially after all the unneeded stress that the world tends to throw on people.

I'd have to admit that the idea of slapping on a backpack and heading out for a good while has been crossing my mind with increasing frequency lately (like what that Steve Jobs guy did, minus the drugs, thank you very much) - and no, I don't think it's the lack of vacations that's causing it this time, although that might be an unwelcome factor.

I've read a status message from a college friend the other day where he was contemplating on a career shift. It's funny how my response to such a notion has changed over time - from utter ridicule (HAHAHA!) to some sort of pleasant surprise (Hahaha!) to sympathetic understanding (Ha?) to, well, contemplation (Hmm).

Not now though. There's quite a few things that managed to move their way up the proverbial ladder and my gut feel dictates that I have to look into those first. And of the many things that failure teaches, trusting that gut feel is one of them.

In any case, the weekend should be interesting - since I have a couple of places to look for (which might involve a bit of sorcery). I also have to secure the lodging for that March trip (that I've been putting off for years), although luckily that would only involve a quick heads up, I think.

Oh, and I have to figure out this Element Zero thing that's been bugging me for weeks. Something tells me that I know the answer already but I'm too stubborn to believe it until it punches me in the face (mostly metaphorically speaking again, of course).

And that's the end of this nonsensical post.

Later!

No comments:

Post a Comment