Pages

Friday, August 03, 2012

Request for a Mulligan

So a few days back, I had this conversation with a good friend. And yes, we do communicate in full English (at least in SMS) because we're that fucking dapper.

Friend: I once asked God what could be worse than X-turned-Y. Funny how He answered. 
Me: I've always believed God was an excellent satirist. He blew your question out of the water, 
Friend: Fearing that God will make us experience the answers to our questions, I almost don't want to ask the question of what is worse than Z.

To give some context to this discussion, this is Z, but that's not the point of the post.

I guess everyone has that point where they feel that they're stuck in a rut. Others could go ahead and say things like "If I can do it, so can you", but this simply isn't true. I'll be the first to admit that there are times that I know I need a hand and the help the I need isn't realistically possible.

It's very rare that I pause and ask for stuff to happen on their own because more often than not (at least in my case), I get more messed up answers than I get a 'No'. Whether it's human nature to be reluctant about things that come in forms we never expect, I can never tell. I suppose there's a lesson in receiving unconventional answers, but at this point in my life, I don't think I'm prepared to accept it yet.

I guess that's just how things work. We have to play with the cards we've been given, even though most of the time they were not even good enough to begin with.

However, one can only be adaptable for so long, so can I get a re-roll? Please?

No comments:

Post a Comment