Pages

Monday, July 16, 2012

Memo Restructure: Challenge Accepted

“Writing a book is an adventure. To begin with it is a toy and an amusement. Then it becomes a mistress, then it becomes a master, then it becomes a tyrant. The last phase is that just as you are about to be reconciled to your servitude, you kill the monster and fling him to the public.” 
- Winston Churchill

So I guess it's time to restructure this blog. It seems that I have a lot of spare time anyway, so I've decided to regularly post five updates per week. I found that posting for eight straight days messes me up, so I have to reduce that to something I think I can manage.

I'm posting the general idea for the posts below.

Open Mondays
I'd probably keep this open for any topic under the sun. I have a few things I wanted to post anyway, and I keep finding old essays which I might as well upload. I'd also probably post some things done by people I know personally (credited, of course) and some other stuff of that nature.

Tuesday Commentary
The keyword here is rant. Topics may be about current events, social commentary or whatever society may be into at the moment. Expect expletives to flow like a bar full of pirates.

Wednesday Reviews
This is pretty self explanatory. I'll review movies (regardless of release date), books (that I've finished), (maybe) video games and whatever it is I feel like reviewing. Spoilers will be plentiful. You have been warned.

Thursday Lessons
For some reason, the universe almost always throws me something to ponder on every Thursday. Maybe it's because that's when John Cheese publishes his articles. Maybe I'm just used to overthinking things every Thursday that it has become a habit. Most posts here will be personal reflections, so don't be surprised if they're incoherent. I like my life lessons esoteric.

Impromptu Fridays
Most posts in this blog have handwritten drafts. Every Friday, I'll try to post something from scratch and hope that it makes sense. Like Mondays, any topic is open for scrutiny.

Am I obsessed with writing? Not in the least. I'm just fairly certain that life is speeding up and I feel that this is the best way to prevent derailment. Reflection is incredibly therapeutic, even more so than alcohol or caffeine or whatever people pump into themselves nowadays.

Also, NaNoWriMo. I have to scratch that off the Tertiaries and I really need the practice.

No comments:

Post a Comment