Pages

Friday, October 31, 2014

Week 44 - NaNoWriMo 2014

Updates to my blog have been really sparse - that much I'm ashamed to admit.

In relation to that, I probably won't be updating for another month after this post. It's not that I'm lazy. I think it's always been the opposite and that this silly hobby has taken a backseat to the other things I've been juggling for the past year - and the next month would probably be a whirlwind of activity for me.

Season 2. (c) nanowrimo.org
I've decided to give this novel-writing thing another go, despite the untimely demise of my laptop. It's going to be one hell of a challenge, but I hope that the preparations I've done would compensate for the lack of a computer for me to regularly save my work to. I'm going for superhero fiction this time around, and I hope that the countless hours of' 'research' would culminate into something that would give all those late hours some degree of justice.

If there's anything I can promise, though, it's that I'll try to write a lot more after this. There are still a lot of stories I keep running through my head each day, and it would be a waste not to commit them to something more tangible. Maybe it's my way of hoping to have a glimpse at permanence.

Don't we all really hope for that?

At the very least, perhaps if I'm lucky, I could laugh at them when I'm a bit older.

Later!

No comments:

Post a Comment