Pages

Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Crimbo 2012

So I was out on a few errands yesterday for noche buena and I noticed something I've given little attention to for the past few years - the Badjao were on the streets again, carrying their makeshift drums and singing songs for jeepney passengers' spare change.

During the latter half of my college days, this was a daily sight along Espana where they seemed to play tag to avoid vehicles and local enforcers alike just to get the chance at a few pesos worth of coins. The songs they sing always sounded to sad, even if the meaning of the words elude many of us.

I guess that has always been the message during the holiday season - no matter how horrible we think life is (and for the record, I don't) when we really think about it, we're really really lucky.

I guess I'm thankful for that, at least.

So Happy Holidays to y'all, whether you celebrate Christmas, Hannukah, Crimbo or Kwanzaa.

No comments:

Post a Comment