Pages

Monday, March 28, 2016

Thoughts After Lent

Basically me, over the Lenten weekend.

Like most years, the past weekend was spent at home.

We usually maintained a silent vigil as the rest of the household went off to the province, giving us much needed time for reflection over life in general.

I got a few things done over the past few days like repairing my debased Mage Knight miniatures (which I've put off for years) and managing to get enough exotic ingredients for a hotpot (like taro seafood balls, enoki and shiitake) amidst a silent city (which was extremely delicious).

It was nice that some of my favorite hangouts in Banawe were open (and barely crowded). I noticed that the servers were unusually cheerful (which is something I should try to be more of these days).

Besides that, all I did was sleep.

Maybe it's my body trying to greedily lap up the hours of lost sleep from living in a city with nightmarish traffic. Maybe it's my mind trying to comprehend the incomprehensible complexities that make up our lives. Maybe its the exhaustion from trying to discern what is important and, well, what things can be discarded as unnecessary burdens in a life meant to be lived.

Four days are not long enough to get shit together, but I guess it's enough for a start. The world will always keep moving despite what I think of it (and no, life is not as fair as movies make it out to be), and I guess it's an injustice to myself to not do anything about it.

Like I said, mine is a life meant to be lived and that's what I'm going to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment