Pages

Friday, January 01, 2016

2015 - A Look Back


"Closing cycles. Not because of pride, incapacity or arrogance, but simply because that no longer fits your life. Shut the door, change the record, clean the house, shake off the dust. Stop being who you were, and change into who you are."
- Paolo Coelho

Alive. I'm happy to be living in the here and the now.

2015 has shown me that, and much more. There have been days when I saw my five-day-a-week routine as a mental prison, with the boredom and the stress slowly eating away inside. It's true that people sometimes hate  change - and now I realize that sometimes it has been me who was resisting change. The world, no matter how important anyone makes themselves feel, will always move forward. New doors will open and close along the way, and sometimes it takes someone choosing to get up and walk through to make a difference in their lives.

We can make things happen by choosing to make choices.

Challenge of the Year
Travelling to a foreign country alone and (literally barely) making it back.

Games of the Year
For expansions, I loved how The Taken King was put together. This was Destiny's best raid yet, and it encouraged entire fireteams to participate actively during the course of the expansion's flagship activity.

Until Dawn had me going until, well, dawn. I'm slightly partial to it because I've never seen anything similar to one of my favorite PS3 games - Heavy Rain - and the storytelling for this one was just as intense, if not more so.

Meal of the Year
Probably that bowl of arbi gosht (which may or may not have been what made me very sick).

Movies of the Year
Besides Star Wars (which is pretty much unanimous) and the various superhero movies this year?

Well, there's Kingsman, which turned out to be better than I expected (and certainly not for the squeamish). Then there's Maggie, a zombie drama starring Arnold Schwarzenegger. It's surprisingly good, and showed that the Governator has more things up his sleeves these days. There's Oren Peli's Area 51, yet another found footage film (that I'm a sucker for) about the eponymous desert base. Lastly, there's the infamous Heneral Luna which is a massive bummer for anyone who hasn't seen it by now.

What I'm Thankful for This Year
Hayao, the best cat in the universe. For being able to travel extensively and meeting a lot of new people. For being able to finish NaNoWriMo sans planning, and having the most supportive girlfriend who'll suffer reading through it next year. For being shown that the future holds so many options, and for the hope that we'd be able to take the path that would lead us to the best possible future.

And for being healthy, alive, and able to continue my battles another day. 

Later!

No comments:

Post a Comment