Pages

Sunday, January 19, 2014

Week 3 - Eight

"When you’re a teenager and in your early twenties it seems desperately eternal and excruciatingly painful. Whereas as you grow older you realise that most things are excruciatingly painful and that is the human condition. Most of us continue to survive because we’re convinced that somewhere along the line, with grit and determination and perseverance, we will end up in some magical union with somebody. It’s a fallacy, of course, but it’s a form of religion. You have to believe. There is a light that never goes out and it’s called hope."
- Morrissey

I must apologise that I'm a tad bit too lazy to post pictures at the moment. I could give a very nifty piece of advise though - never listen to The Smiths while reading Thought Catalog (unless you want to feel extra terrible).

We got to catch 47 Ronin a few days back. It's an entertaining film (and I'm glad that I watched it), but I think that the plot seemed a little bit rushed by the production crew. I felt that the plot could have been drawn out to span two films without messing up the material and it felt like we were shortchanged by not having seen more development for a few of the characters such as the demonic samurai, the tattooed guy with a blunderbuss and the other forty-five freakin' ronin. I'd say it's worth a Rent, if we're to follow AoTS' rating system.

Meanwhile, the Girlfriend and I got to see The Museum last weekend. I'm not one for bad reviews, bit it did feel a bit underwhelming, not to mention a little hard to find. It felt more like a carnival attraction instead of a museum since all of the exhibits were recreations instead of being actual artifacts. I'm guessing that it was meant to be visited along with most of the nearby attractions, given the proximity to a couple of amusement parks), which was probably why the visit felt a bit flat. The staff seemed really enthusiastic though (and they encourage taking photos too), so there's that.

We got to dine at Hyatt's Market Cafe afterwards. While it had less variety than other similarly priced buffets like Vikings or The Heat, what I liked about the place was that it wasn't large enough to accommodate a crowd and thus the meal felt more personal than other cookie cutter buffets. This meant that more often than not, you could have your food actually delivered to you in fairly short order once you order it from the live kitchens. The food selection was not as vast as Vikings, but they definitely didn't skimp on ingredients. I felt especially giddy about their selection of raw seafood, and we got busy with having servings of crabs, prawns, oysters and lobsters (LOBSTERS!) cooked into whatever styles were recommended by the staff (who were pretty accommodating).

Good times.

In other news, I'm done with run five of the Great Cloathing ascension chain, and due to finish the sixth and begin the seventh tomorrow. I think I've got Shub-Jiguwatt's number down to the letter, and I appreciate the challenge that Jick and the rest of the Asymmetric team put into the Sea content (which makes me scratch my head some of the time). I also think that I've got three-day softcore ascensions figured out by now. If I finish it reliably and consistently until I get the Cloathing, I might just set up a script for it. Can't get my meager coding skills to rust away, and all that.

Later!

No comments:

Post a Comment