Pages

Saturday, July 13, 2013

Week 28 - Kaiju Gauntlet

Alas! (thought I, and my heart beat loud)   
How fast she nears and nears!   
Are those her sails that glance in the Sun,   
Like restless gossameres?

- Samuel Taylor Coleridge, The Rime of the Ancient Mariner

And so, the skeleton crew survives the two week gauntlet. Hurrah!

I scuttled the brother's Blood Brothers account a few days ago to build an Ignis team for the Super Raid Boss events. If the the team manages to perform well on the next PvP event, I might sell off my own remaining familiars and play around with a turtling team with nine Evil Eyes and Blue Beard's Torrent of Flame.

In other news, we managed to catch Pacific Rim this week. It's del Toro's vision of how sentai should be done in live action, and boy does he do it right. It's interesting that a few elements of the film tie up very nicely with a couple of other pieces of fiction (which I should probably write about in a few days). Or maybe it's just my overactive imagination. In any case, I'll probably be getting a digital copy and watch it again. And again.

That's about it, really. Later!

No comments:

Post a Comment