Pages

Friday, February 15, 2013

Week 7 - Arcturus V

This book.
"There are not many persons who know what wonders are opened to them in the stories and visions of their youth; for when as children we learn and dream, we think but half-formed thoughts, and when as men we try to remember, we are dulled and prosaic with the poison of life. But some of us awake in the night with strange phantasms of enchanted hills and gardens, of fountains that sing in the sun, of golden cliffs overhanging murmuring seas, of plains that stretch down to sleeping cities of bronze and stone, and of shadowy companies of heroes that ride caparisoned white horses along the edges of thick forests; and then we know that we have looked back through the ivory gates into that world of wonder which was ours before we were wise and unhappy."
- H.P. Lovecraft, Celephais

I'll be heading back to the late shift next week for the first time in almost half a year - which means more time to, well, write crappy post drafts. Majority of the past few months' entries are impromptu ones, so it's really nice to waste ink once again. I also got a decent-looking book to keep me occupied. I'm not sure about the contents though, because I bought it the moment I saw the words zombie and choose-your-own-adventure on a single page. I'll probably post a quick review once I've memorized finished it.

In other news, someone invited me to accompany him on a tour of UDMC - which apparently is a local weapons manufacturing facility. I must admit that it has me curious, but the trip is on a freakin' Tuesday so it might be a no-go for me. Also, I've said it before - my friends are more insane than I am, I think.

Meanwhile, in real life, I suppose the most head-turning news lately was that meteorite crashing somewhere in Russia. It wasn't the damage it inflicted that was particularly interesting (although I wish the best for those who got injured as a result), but the fact that there is a ton of footage of the event all over the Internet. It's common knowledge that driving a vehicle in Russia is spectacularly dangerous - which was the reason why drivers commonly have dashboard cameras constantly recording things. While the damage wasn't Tunguska-esque, it's the fact that a lot of people have it on record (and immediately uploaded to the Internet) that I find reminiscent of the singularity that Deus Ex warns us about.

Lastly, holy humble pie, Batman - I would have hoped that Tali had a Paragon interrupt in Rannoch (that worked).

Figures.

No comments:

Post a Comment