Pages

Friday, November 23, 2012

Week 47 - The Veidt Gambit

"Do it? Dan, I'm not a Republic Serial villain. Do you seriously think I'd explain my master-stroke if there remained the slightest chance of you affecting its outcome? I did it thirty-five minutes ago."
- Adrian Veidt, Watchmen

So there's work, work and more work this week. Not that I'm complaining - in a sense, I still appreciate the challenge and the relative freedom, although I don't really know how long that would last. Maybe it's the regularity of the nine-to-fiver that I'm still trying to get used to, along with the mess that comes with it - rush hour, long lunch queues and other plebeian whatnot. Okay, I know I sounded a little douchey there. It's just that I'm not exactly used to this cycle (as I've been working shifts for the past three years). I've always felt that I'm able to think more clearly at night, hence the coffee marathons and worn-out CBTL card.

Anyway, I also got a compilation of HP Lovecraft's works from some book fair in UST. While I've read a good bunch of them, there's a few that I've been looking for full copies of stories like At the Mountains of Madness and Herbert West, so that's a score. Unfortunately, the book didn't contain anything from his Dream Cycle - so the quest continues.

In other news, my friends and I were having a good laugh (probably due to a certain amount of spite) at a certain entity taking eight point eight billion points of damage. Seriously, look it up - it's all over the news. I can't discuss some of the finer points here for obvious reasons, but this made me believe that something out there metes poetic justice on a regular basis.

That's about it, for now.

Later!

No comments:

Post a Comment