Pages

Friday, November 16, 2012

Week 46 - Garbled

So it seems that Incoherence is this week's muse - so not much of a post.

The mum brought home a pile of books today from some random sale, and I managed to grab a couple to add to the growing pile in my room. I should be able to finish all the graphic novels this week because it turns out that Assassin's Creed 3 is a stupid glitchfest, so I'm not touching it until Ubisoft fixes their game. I'm unsure if that's a sign of me getting too old for games (and I shudder at that thought - what a geek) or if I'm sick of developers cranking out half-finished work. Sometimes I wonder where all the Quality Assurance people went.

In other news, I've been asked to take a couple week's worth of leaves soon-ish (or have them forfeited). Looks like it's time to get lost again, literally or otherwise. I'm thinking of heading back north to Pangasinan as I've been longing for the sea for a good while now. The shore is literally walking distance from where I usually stay (and some relatives own a restaurant nearby), so that's a lot of plus points - something I've only bothered to learn recently. I don't know where my attention manages to wander off to at times, but I digress. I think I miss the slower pace of life in the province - from the friendly hawkers selling their freshly cooked catch early in the morning to those tourist trap restaurants that sell all sorts of artery-clogging goodness. Maybe that's just the stress talking, although I really never bother to ask that to myself nowadays.

Lastly, here's a quick portrait of everybody's favorite widow, Game of Throne's Daenerys Targaryen. As is often the case, medium is ballpoint pen on bond paper - and copious amounts of boredom.

Maybe I could try Amber (Sucker Punch) or Aria (Mass Effect) next.

Or something else.

No comments:

Post a Comment