Pages

Friday, October 19, 2012

Week 42 - The Answer to Life, The Universe and Everything

So as the week draws to a close, so has my time at my previous team at work. I've learned quite a bit over the past three weeks, as well as reinforced my belief that I cannot teach for a living. Don't get me wrong, I could write how-to's all day and do most forms of instruction, but mentoring is a different beast. I guess people were right when they said teaching is a vocation, and I'm guessing that it wasn't for me.

In other news, Blood Brothers started their second PVP event this week. It's funny how Android users got a headstart over a lot of iOS users - I was genuinely amused by the general butthurt going on over their FB page. There's probably no correlation (and it's probably a mistaken notion), but it seems that a lot of iOS folks have an inherent sense of self-entitlement when it comes to availability of cross-platform applications. Maybe they should try complaining to Apple instead of the app developers with regards to App Store clearance, since that's where the problem lies but I digress.

I've also managed to set up EON to work with Amazon (and in turn, Kickstarter), so that's awesome. I guess there's something to look forward to on January next year.

Lastly, I've seen a bunch of murals pop up in the car park near my workplace. I'll probably take more photos over the weekend, since I'm not sure if the maintenance guys would paint over them with boring white.

No comments:

Post a Comment