Pages

Monday, October 29, 2012

The Universe Casts Loaded Dice

I have the strangest friends.
Sometimes, the universe would do everything in its power (and dammit, it is powerful) to make you question how events line up and turn out the way they do.

Sometimes, there are things that are so ridiculously specific that it's easier to attribute them to some otherworldly factor rather than a lucky (or unlucky) culmination of unrelated random events.

And sometimes, I'm left asking myself what just happened. All those times, there's not really an answer - not that I'm expecting any. After all, there's a good reason why humans are not gifted with clairvoyance.

It crossed my mind a few days ago to ask the universe to throw me something really unexpected, for the lulz.

The next thing I know, the past two days turned out to be filled with strange correlations - too uncanny to file under mere coincidence.

It was the weirdest weekend I've had in a long time, and I thought it was pretty awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment