Pages

Thursday, August 16, 2012

Chapter 24 - Random Ruminations


So don't bother looking that up. It's the Desiderata translated to Bastardized Tengwar. I think it looks better that way, even with my horrible MS Paint cropping. Anyway, it's my favorite poem (and I don't really like poems so that's saying something) and I guess it's one of the few things I try hard to live by.

I need to remind myself that.

Anyway, I totally thought my birthday would fall on a Tuesday. It's strange how the universe works things out sometimes. Is it mere coincidence that my birthday falls on a Thursday, of all days? I have no clue.

Anyway, if there's any day in the year that I'd rather be alone, it's probably this one. It's not that I'm a loner or antisocial, it's because I've always felt that birthdays are reserved for contemplating, reflecting and evaluating how far things are in terms of where I am and where I want to be. It's a reminder of my mortality and a chance to check on where I could improve myself in terms of my general shortcomings.

Society thinks otherwise, so I guess I'll oblige.

Personally, I don't feel like I've done anything substantial in twenty-four years. Perhaps I'm just jaded by the world, or maybe I unnecessarily put too much admiration in other folks' accomplishments that I don't really see my own.

Ah well, I've booked a bunch of days off anyway, I might as well start wandering the city. Maybe I'll learn something useful.

After all, it is a Thursday.

No comments:

Post a Comment