Pages

Wednesday, May 02, 2012

Finding Elysium

So it looks like I'm slated for ITIL training next week. That should be interesting.

I'm well aware that I'm not supposed to look a gift horse in the mouth, but I can't help to question if it's something I'll be needing for the long term.

(Note to self: Yes, it probably is, unless something instantly makes me filthy rich.)

One might ask why I'm a little tentative on this. The following quote pretty much sums up my answer: 

"I see the people who do the real work; and what's really sad is that the people that are most giving, hardworking and capable of making this world better, usually don't have the ego and the ambition to be a leader. They don't see the interest in superficial rewards, they don't care if their name ever appears in the press. They actually enjoy the process of helping others."
-Celine, Before Sunset

Besides, I'm guessing my general attitude towards assuming leadership roles is similar to that of me writing code. The reward is in knowing that it's something I'm capable of doing, yet I don't see myself doing it for a living. I mean, I love food, but I don't have to be Kobayashi to affirm that, do I?

(EDIT: Wow, I actually managed to not use profanity in a post for once. I must thus double the dose in my next post.)

No comments:

Post a Comment