Pages

Saturday, March 03, 2012

Still No Tomahawks, Drat

If there ever was a place of gun nuts, it's probably Makati Cinema Square. I went there with a friend today (who is obviously a gun nut himself), and holy crap, he wasn't kidding when he said it was a firearms mecca. The place was probably better equipped to deal with the zombie apocalypse than that mall in Dawn of the Dead.

The basement area was practically an armory. There were pistols, shotguns, SMGs, ARs (!) and the occasional crossbow mounted on most of the shop's walls. I was pretty sure one would find explosive munitions if they looked hard enough, but I'm not one who's curious enough to check. No thank you, I'm a bit iffy around those things.

Anyway, what should have been a two hour trip ended up taking most of the afternoon. There was this hunting supply store owner who was surprisingly a pretty nice chap, and he didn't seem to mind sharing his insight on the country's firearms policies and whatnot. Interesting opinions, I guess, and a bit on the survivalist side. He sounded sane though, and quite well versed. The person practically walks around armed to the teeth. I assumed he had four blades on his person (though I only saw two throatcutters) and I'm fairly certain he had a sidearm concealed as well. Scary stuff, I probably leveled up my intestinal fortitude today (+2, nonetheless).

I have (probably) always been a fond listener of people telling stories. The gist is that I find it interesting when people talk about why they believe the things they believe in. One could sometimes find the views they've always held dear become contested, and when those views are flawed, maybe change them for the better (or worse? I digress).

And no, not interested in getting a gun. That's fucking insane.

No comments:

Post a Comment